Feelings are tough, and expressing them is even tougher! Even when two people have romantic feelings for each other, they may hold off on sharing them. The fear of rejection or losing a friend can be devastating, but the payoff of being together with the person you like might be worth the risk. Likely, you are here because you want to minimize the risk and see if the girl you like, likes you back!
This test can’t tell you for sure, but it can give you insight as to whether she is displaying behaviors similar to someone who has a crush. If the following signs sound like her, she probably likes you and is too nervous to share her feelings. If she’s not displaying any of these signs, she still would like you, but it’s best for you to have an honest conversation about her feelings before making any assumptions. The best way to find out whether a woman has a crush on you is just to ask!
Signs That She Likes You
- She makes an effort to see you or hang out with you.
- She asks questions about your personal life, hopes and dreams, etc.
- Her friends, family, and other people in her life want to get to know you, too.
- When you talk, the conversation flows easily.
- She puts you on her social media feed and stories.
- Her body language is open and inviting when she’s around you (arms open, eye contact, leaning toward you, smiling genuinely, etc.)
- When you tell her things about yourself, she remembers and repeats them back to you.
- She goes out of her way to make you smile or happy.
- She shares personal thoughts about relationships and sees a future with you.
Consider the context of these signs. Is she making eye contact because she feels obligated to show respect to you, or is she excited to hear what you have to say? Are you pressuring her in any way to share her feelings? Even the results of the quiz may vary slightly depending on the relationship between you two, but these signs give a pretty good idea of whether she likes you as more than a friend.
The Best Way to Find Out If She Likes You? Ask!
Humans are complicated. People may display these behaviors even when they do not have romantic feelings. They could have romantic feelings and be too scared to show any signs of affection! Everyone is influenced by different motivations, past feelings, and other factors that determine their behavior.
If you don't want to ask in person, you can ask via text. Before asking over text, you might want to read some of these 70 signs that she likes you in text messages though!
How to Ask A Girl If She Likes You
The best way to find out if a girl likes you is to ask her. Set aside a time where the two of you can talk honestly and openly about your feelings. This isn’t a conversation that you can have over text. Honestly tell her that you would like to have a serious conversation about the two of you. If she is hesitant, that may be a sign that she would like to be friends and not change your relationship. If she is open, find a time that you can set aside distractions and focus on each other. If you know her love language, consider incorporating that information into your conversation!
If you like her, start by getting vulnerable and telling her how you feel. Then, give her space to share the same. Even if you want the answer to be one way or the other, leave room for all possibilities. If she feels pressured to say that she likes you, your relationship may not start off on the right foot.
What Happens If She Does Like You?
If you both share the same feelings for each other, wonderful! Make sure that she knows how you feel. From there, you can decide where you want to take your relationship. Another person may be involved in a love triangle. Treat them as you would treat anyone: with honesty, respect, and kindness. Be open and honest with all parties as you navigate your relationship and figure out your next steps.
What Happens If She Doesn’t Like You?
If she tells you that she doesn’t have romantic feelings for you, accept her answer. There isn’t much that you can do, and trying to persuade her otherwise won’t make her fall for you. Give her the space she needs to process the conversation and ask her how she would like to proceed in your friendship.
If the news that she doesn’t like you hurts, give yourself space to grieve the relationship. Take care of yourself. Talk to friends and family. Then, remind yourself that this conversation is helpful, even if it’s hurtful. Healthy relationships begin with two enthusiastic parties. You will find someone who likes you, even if it doesn’t seem like it right now. Take comfort in the fact that you are looking for a healthy relationship and not settling for someone who doesn’t feel the way you feel about them.
How To Get a Girl to Like You
If you find yourself running into many situations where you like a girl and she doesn’t like you back, take a step back. Are you showing interest in a way that makes girls feel special? Are you respectful, kind, and provide a safe space for her to be herself?
These tips will help get a girl to like you - but they might not be the tricks that you hear from pick-up artists. Being an independent person, having your own hobbies, or being vulnerable can be just as effective as any pick-up line or smooth move.
For more in-depth information on the psychology of attraction, consider the Psychology of Attraction course! This course uses information from psychology and sociology to teach you what attracts women to men, and how you can become a more attractive guy. This isn’t for lazy guys or womanizers - just genuine men who are more interested in how they can get into the long-term relationship of their dreams.
- Has this person directly told you that they like you?
- No, I don’t know how they feel about me. - 2
- No, they have told me that they are not interested in me. But maybe they’re playing hard to get, right? - 1
- Yes, they have told me they like me! - 3
- Let’s say you have asked this person to hang out but she’s not available. Does she follow up with a time and place when she is free to hang out?
- No. - 1
- Yes. - 3
- Has she asked you questions about your personal life: parents, siblings, hopes, and dreams?
- No, but she’s pretty shy. - 2
- No, but I’ve told her a lot! - 1
- Yes, frequently she asks me about these topics! - 3
- Has she introduced you to her friends?
- No. - 1
- Not yet, but she talks about them a lot. - 2
- I know them, but not through her introducing me. - 2
- Yes! - 3
- Does she ever send you a message just because she’s thinking about you?
- No. - 1
- Sometimes. - 2
- All the time! - 3
- Have you ever heard about the trials of her romantic life?
- Yes, she complains to me about people she’s seeing a lot. - 1
- No, we haven’t really talked about that much. - 2
- No, but I suspect it’s because she’s talking to people about me when she talks about her romantic life. - 3
- Is she single?
- Yes. - 3
- For the most part, yes. - 2
- No, but it’s complicated. - 1
- Be honest with yourself. Do you really think she likes you?
- Yes, I do! - 3
- I don’t know, that’s why I’m taking this quiz! - 2
- Probably not. - 1
- How quickly does she get back to you after you reach out?
- She gets back really fast! - 3
- It might take a few hours or days, but I know she’s busy. - 2
- Her responses are pretty sporadic, and she only texts when she needs something. - 1
- Has she ever teased you in a way that hurt your feelings?
- Yes, but she immediately apologized. - 3
- Yes, but our senses of humor seem to be pretty different. - 1
- No, we don’t joke around too much. - 2
- Do people often remark that she is very shy?
- Yes, she is known amongst our friends as being shy. - 3
- She doesn’t open up about personal stuff but can talk to new people with ease. - 2
- No, she is certainly not known as shy! - 1
- Why are you doubting that she likes you?
- She hasn’t brought up her feelings. - 3
- She has rejected me in the past, but I’m worried she’s just playing hard to get. - 1
- She’s pretty hard to read. - 2
- How easily does conversation flow between the two of you?
- We can talk for hours about anything without stopping! - 3
- Sometimes it feels forced, but we’re both a little shy. - 2
- Our conversations are usually about where we’re going to meet. - 1
- Do you know if she is looking for a relationship?
- Yes, she is. - 3
- We haven’t really talked about whether she wants a relationship or not. - 2
- She is hesitant to be in a relationship. - 1
- Have you been physically intimate with her?
- Yes, she usually initiates it. - 3
- No, but she likes to take things slow. - 2
- No, she hasn’t expressed interest in that. - 1
- If you go to her place to watch a movie, what is most likely to happen?
- I haven’t been invited to her place yet. - 1
- We would enjoy the movie, but not much else would happen after that. - 1
- We would end up “Netflix and Chilling” if you know what I mean. - 2
- We’d probably talk for hours after until the sun comes up. - 3
- Has she ever made you anything, like a mixtape or a gift?
- No. - 1
- She’s given me a gift or bought me a drink for my birthday, but that’s about it. - 2
- Yes, she gives me little gifts all the time. - 3
- Does she ever post about you on social media?
- Yes, I’m in all her stories. - 3
- Sometimes, but I’m never tagged. - 2
- Would she get jealous if you were talking to another woman?
- Not at all. - 1
- I don’t know, we’ve never talked about my love life before. - 2
- Yes, I don’t think she’d like that. - 3
- If she can’t make a date, does she reschedule?
- Yes. - 3
- No. - 1
All Signs Point to Yes!
It seems like she likes you, but this test is not a mind reader. Be confident, but ask her for an open and honest conversation about your feelings. Allow yourself to be vulnerable when having this conversation. If you are disappointed by her answer, that’s okay. If you are excited by her answer, that’s okay too! The only way to know how she truly feels, and the best next steps for your relationship, are for this conversation to happen.
It’s Time to Have a Conversation.
It appears that she’s giving you mixed signals. Maybe she is just shy or doesn’t know how to express her feelings for you. She might be nervous that you don’t want to pursue a relationship with her! There is no better time than the present to share how you feel and ask her to be open and honest with you. Hopefully, she will be willing to share her feelings and you can decide how to proceed from there! Best of luck.
This Might Not Be Going in the Direction You Think It’s Going…
It doesn’t appear as though she has romantic feelings for you, but that’s okay! There is potential for your connection to deepen, or you can take this news to look for a relationship with someone who enthusiastically expresses their feelings for you. Have a conversation if you want to change the direction of your relationship. She may still like you, but know that she likely just wants to be friends.