You’ve probably played “Truth or Dare” before, you can spice things up at your next party by playing “Truth or Drink!” This page has over # Truth or Drink Questions to get the conversation going (and enjoy some liquid courage) at your next party. From PG to more adult questions, you can enjoy “Truth or Drink” with anyone.
How Does the Game Work?
Choose a random question from the generator (be sure to look through all the different types of questions available - not all may be appropriate for your party or gathering.) Ask the question to someone in your group. The person has two options: they can tell the truth about their answer, or they can take a drink!
These are the basic rules of the game, but feel free to adjust depending on your party or your level of comfort.
Truth or Drink vs. Truth or Dare
“Truth or drink” is an adjustment of the classic sleepover game “truth or dare.” Although they are similar, they have slight differences that can change the outcome of a round.
During a round of “truth or dare,” a player is given the option of “truth” or “dare” first. Once the player chooses either option, they have to complete the task. Some parties will come up with a “consequence” if a player refuses to answer their truth or complete their dare.
During a round of “truth or drink,” players hear the question before they are given the option of answering the question or drinking. When the person chooses “drink,” they don’t have to answer, but it probably means their answer is pretty juicy!
No version of the game is “better” than the other, but truth or drink may be a better option for parties that aren’t likely to complete any dares.
“Say It Or Shot It”
Some people also refer to “Truth or Drink” as “Say it or Shot it.” The same rules still apply, but instead of taking a sip of a drink, you take a whole shot! Obviously, this is not meant to be a long game. Doing a “lightning round” of Say it or Shot it can get your party going quickly.
For this reason, we recommend doing one round of this game with the most scandalous, hard-to-answer questions that are on our list. (Keep it age-appropriate!) To keep everyone safe, maybe play a few rounds but only allow each person to have one shot throughout the game. That way, they’ll have to answer all of your questions!
Games That Might Need “Truth or Drink” Question
“Truth or drink” is a classic party game, but it can get boring if that’s all you’re doing. Try these other party games where truth or drink questions can be used! If you are looking for a party game that is more “complicated,” try one of the following.
The game of king’s cup involves a deck of cards and rules attached to each number or face on the card. You probably know some of these rules already:
- “2 is you”: when someone draws a 2, they assign someone to take a drink.
- “3 is me”: when someone draws a 3, they have to drink
- “9 is rhyme”: the person that draws this card must say a word, and everyone after them in the circle must share a word that rhymes with the original word. Whoever can’t think of a rhyme first must take a drink!
Depending on where you went to college or who taught you how to play King’s Cup, one of the cards may prompt you to play a quick round of “truth or drink.” Try a rapid-fire round where one person asks the person next to them one of the “truth or drink questions.” After they answer, they ask the person next to them another question. The round stops once someone has to “drink.”
“Cheers, Governor” is a game about creating rules. The first “rule” is that, when counting to 21, the numbers “7” and “14” are switched. The first person in the circle says “1,” the next person says “2,” and so on and so forth, until the person who would normally say “7” says “14” and vice versa. Once this is done successfully and a person reaches “21,” the next person says, “Cheers, governor,” everyone drinks, and a new rule is made.
These rules can be anything:
- Instead of saying “5,” a person must say, “broccoli.”
- “The numbers 4 and 20 are switched.”
- Whoever says “8” must take a drink, but only after they take a “little man” off their drink. (This is a common, quirky rule in other drinking games.)
- You have to point to the next person rather than going in a circle. (This can switch up who has to follow certain rules and who makes certain rules.)
If you want to implement a rule, you can implement a quick “truth or drink” question. The person who would normally say “10,” for example, could ask someone a “truth or drink” question. Whoever answers has to then say, “11,” and the game continues.
Other Party Games and Apps
These days, there’s an app for everything. You can look up party games or teambuilding exercises on apps like Piccolo or Workplace. “Truth or drink” questions may be integrated into the app already, or the app may prompt you to play a quick round before moving on to the next part of the game.
Other Great Party Games
“Would You Rather…?”
This is another opportunity to ask silly questions and get the laughs going! This “game” is just a way to set up fun questions. For example, you might ask, “Would you rather only date people 10 years older than you or 10 years younger than you?”
There are a few ways to integrate this into games like King’s Cup, “Cheers, Governor,” etc. One way to make this fun is to have everyone answer the question at once. The people who are in the minority opinion have to drink!
“Put a Finger Down”
Here’s how the “put a finger down” game works: Everyone sits in a circle and holds up ten, five, or three fingers. (The exact number doesn’t matter, as long as everyone is holding up the same amount.) One person starts by saying, “put a finger down if…” and then sharing a trait, bucket list item, etc. If this statement applies to someone, they “put a finger down.” If the statement doesn’t apply, they don’t move.
For example, a person might say, “put a finger down if you have been on a roller coaster.” Everyone who has been on a rollercoaster will put a finger down. (It doesn’t matter which finger.)
The game continues until someone has no fingers left. Depending on the environment of the gathering, this could mean the person “wins” or “loses.” A person who plays this game at a wild party, for example, may “lose” after putting all their fingers down and have to chug or sip a drink. Or, maybe this game is used as a teambuilding activity at work. The person who “wins” gets some free branded merchandise. This is a very flexible game and can be used in many different situations!
Never Have I Ever…”
This is similar to “put a finger down.” Both “put a finger down if…” and “never have I ever” ask friends and partygoers to reveal bucket list items they’ve crossed off, silly things or scandalous acts they’ve done in the past.
There is one main difference between these two prompts: When you say “never have I ever…” you are sharing something that you never have done, but that other people have done. It doesn’t matter if you’ve done the activities described in “put a finger down,” although you will more likely want to choose something you haven’t done so you can keep your remaining fingers.
Here’s an extensive list of “never have I ever” prompts for your next party!
Tips for Hosting a Great Party
Have Games Ready
Depending on the group of people at the party, you may find that conversation flows naturally or dance parties start without any prompting! But if it doesn’t, party games like Truth or Drink give guests a reason to come together and get to know each other. Keep this page bookmarked or download party game apps so you have them at the ready if things get awkward.
Make a Speciality Cocktail or Mocktail
Cocktails are a great way to make a first impression as you host a party. They can be set out at the door to welcome guests or you can prepare them as people come in! If you’re hosting a big party, consider getting a big cooler or drink dispenser to make one big cocktail. Guests can serve themselves.
The secret to making a good cocktail? It’s all in the name! Even if you put a small spin on a classic, a fun cocktail name will set the mood of the party and give guests something to talk about as they introduce themselves to each other.
Not drinking? That’s okay, too! Specialty mocktails using ingredients like edible glitter or flavored sparkling waters can give guests something special to sip on while they enjoy the evening.
Don’t Stress Out!
It can be easy to feel nervous before hosting or attending a party. You might find yourself doubting if people will have fun or if a lame party will be a reflection on you. Relax! Parties are all about the people who attend them, including the guests. If you have great guests, you’ll have a great party. Putting a bunch of people in a room together is a wonderful thing to do, so let loose and enjoy whatever kinds of fun people decide to have together.
Over 200 Truth or Drink Questions For Your Next Party
PG Truth or Drink Questions
- Have you ever trolled users on Facebook or Reddit?
- Who in this room has the worst fashion sense?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- When was the last time you got really angry at someone?
- Have you ever hated one of your best friends?
- What’s a secret you’ve never told anyone?
- Have you ever committed arson?
- What’s your most unpopular opinion?
- Do you have a favorite child or sibling?
- If you wrote an autobiography, what would it be called?
- What’s your go-to pick up line?
- When was the last time you lied to someone?
- What’s the strangest rabbit hole you’ve fallen down while browsing the Internet?
- When was the last time you cried?
- Who do you have a crush on right now?
- Have you ever wanted to “break up” with a friend?
- What’s the grossest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What’s a secret that someone has told you to never tell anyone?
- Have you ever broken the law?
- What is the latest you’ve been to a date or interview?
- What’s your top dating dealbreaker?
- Are you ashamed to admit any of your dating deal breakers?
- Who’s the oldest person you’re willing to date?
- Are you seeing a therapist?
- What’s your least favorite word in the English language?
- What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
- Have you ever had a crush on a friend but “got over it?”
- When was the last time you told a lie?
- What is a well-known fact that always confuses you?
- Is there something you are relieved your parents don’t know about you?
- Do you wish you had a nickname (or a different nickname?)
- What’s the meanest thing you’ve said to your parents?
Silly Truth or Drink Questions
- Who was your celebrity crush?
- When was the last time you told a harmless lie?
- Have you ever farted on a plane?
- When was the last time you peed in public?
- Who was your first crush?
- Do you have a favorite swear word? If so, what is it?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Have you ever eaten leftover food at a restaurant?
- Who do you think is more attractive: my sibling or my parent?
- Did you ever have a crush on a family member?
- If someone is wearing a terrible outfit or their hair looks bad, will you tell them or compliment them just to make them feel better?
- What’s the strangest dream you’ve ever had?
- When was the last time you had food poisoning?
- Do you pee in the shower?
- What kids’ movie makes you cry every time you watch it?
- Where can people find the most embarrassing photo of you?
- Do you think you should have been born in another decade?
- Have you ever ripped your pants?
- What love song reminds you of your ex?
- What gross food combination do you secretly love?
- How often do you go commando?
- Have you ever taken your shoes off on a plane?
- Have you ever written a love poem to someone?
Deep Truth or Drink Questions
- Is there a law you think should be legal?
- Do you think you’ll ever make peace with the biggest regret you have in life?
- What is holding you back from having your dream life?
- Do you believe in soulmates or twin flames?
- What’s the closest you’ve ever been to dying?
- What is your biggest regret in life?
- Did you endure the worst pain of your life from a physical or emotional wound?
- What is one thing that you wish you could change about yourself?
- What’s one thing you wish you didn’t have to change about yourself?
- Are you worried that there are some things about you that you cannot fix?
- What is something you know about a loved one that they don’t think you know?
- Do you think your parents know the “real” you?
- What’s one you won’t do, even for a million dollars?
- Do you regret any of the bridges you’ve burned?
- If you were to die today, what’s one thing you would regret not saying or not doing?
- Are you worried that you are not making this world a better place?
- Do you think that people are inherently good or inherently evil?
- What is your biggest insecurity?
- Do you worry that you will be forgotten after you die?
- What is your biggest doubt about the universe and the world?
Truth or Drink Questions for Workplace Happy Hours
- Have you ever been fired from a job?
- Are you on dating apps or websites?
- What’s your favorite “bad” TV show?
- Do you have a favorite coworker?
- Do you have a least favorite coworker?
- Can you sing a little bit of your go-to karaoke song?
- Do you ever lie on your taxes?
- Have you seen a coworker on a dating app before?
- What type of office supplies do you want to steal (or have you stolen)?
- Who on your team do you want to offer (constructive) feedback to?
- Are you looking for other jobs?
- Do you re-gift presents that you don’t like?
- What’s your go-to pick-up line on dating apps?
- Have you ever hitchhiked?
- If you got married tomorrow, is there anyone from the office that you wouldn’t invite?
- What’s the weirdest gift you’ve ever given or received?
- Do you ever worry about getting “canceled?”
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve found after Googling yourself?
- When was the last time you tipped less than 20%?
- Who did you vote for in the last election?
- What is one of your guilty pleasures?
- Have you ever dated a coworker (in a previous job)?
- Do you think you are privileged?
- What’s the wildest music festival you’ve attended?
- Have you ever dined and dashed?
- When was the last time you took a sick day just because?
- Is there anyone in the office that you wish would take more vacation days?
- Have you ever lied on your resume?
- Do you think it’s okay to lie on a resume?
Warning! Some questions in the following “Truth or Drink” questions contain inappropriate material. Do not use these questions if you are under the age of 18.
Truth or Drink Questions for Roommate Bonding
- Are you attracted to anyone in our hallway (or classes)?
- Do you have a Finsta?
- Have you ever lied to someone to impress them?
- What was your first impression of me as a roommate?
- Who’s your favorite professor?
- Do you have any tattoos that you regret getting?
- Have you ever tried dating apps?
- What is one thing you want to change about yourself in college?
- Do you plan on using the “sock on the door” policy?
- Why did your last relationship end?
- What’s your biggest “ick” when dating?
- Do you use FaceTune?
- Have any of your TikToks gone viral for the wrong reason?
- What’s your “type?”
- Did you get drunk on prom night?
- Who is the cringiest social media influencer that you secretly love?
- Have you lost your virginity? If not, do you want to?
- Are you glad to be away from some of your high school friends?
- Was this college your first choice?